The building, used today by the House of the Greek Parliament, was constructed primarily as Palace for King Othonas in 1843, by the Architect Engineer Frederik Gerder. The works for its transformation, enabling it to correspond to the new needs, started in 1930 with designs of the Architect Engineer Andreas Kriezis. It may be the sole building that its plaster has been characterized self- existing preservable and is saved up to now. The contracted works aimed to the total restoration of the facade’s external skin. The project built between 1984 and 1986 included a number of works and more specifically the overall restoration of the building exterior.